Diets do not work: The highlights up to now
* Many of us are food addicts
* Like it or not, we have relationships with our food and these relationships affects our weight
* It is not your fault that you are overweight, technology and civilisation is to blame
* Larger varieties of food choices results in higher calorie loads
* Internal and external food sources – We lie about what we eat, to ourselves and to others
* The speed at which we can expect successful permanent lifestyle change depends entirely upon our own mindset.
* Write out an action plan so that you can read it again and again,
Article series motto:
Always remember that the main goal and idea is to effect permanent lifestyle change and not to follow a fad diet for a few weeks.
This is the last installment of this article series and it serves mainly to assist with the compilation of the action plan in the previous section and to bring all the sections together.
Changes in your lifestyle depends directly upon yourself.
You have to try hard to be honest with yourself, about who you are, how you think and how serious you are to really change your lifestyle. Then, you have to remember that all change is a process and that life is an ongoing series of options, choices and different outcomes. Do not let one setback or any deviation from your action plan cause you to abandon your goals. Always remember that every day is not the same, you will have great days, good days, mediocre days, not so good days, bad days and total bleep days.
Understanding and accepting that you are not perfect and that you are but flesh and bone, that you will be very strong on certain days and totally weak on other days, is crucial to your long term lifestyle change, success.
The bottom line is, when all the tees are crossed and everything that needs a dot has it is that: You must never give up. Read your action plan for motivation and celebrate your success, change day by day…
So, the executive summation:
1. Be honest with yourself
2. Change is a process
3. Days are not the same, you will experience setbacks as well as highlights
4. Never give up
Your action plan is a crucial part in effecting permanent lifestyle change and setting your goal dates as close as possible to your potential for achievement will assist you greatly in terms of how you feel about actually meeting the goals in your action plan timorously.
The person that decides your achievement dates is yourself. You already know how quick you have answered the question in your mind:
Are you absolutely sure that you really want to lose weight and keep the weight off, forever and ever? and you know how serious or urgent your lifestyle change is to yourself.
Setting realistic targets and goal dates is very important if you really wish to achieve any lifestyle changes.
At the end of the day it is your lifestyle that is changing and the buck stops at you.
All information provided for information & education purposes only. Nothing published on https://dietmy.com is intended as substitution for medical advice, diagnosis, or for any treatment.