1. Habits: Do not follow a popular or unbalanced diet, rather change your own eating habits permanently
2. Buying Food: Check food labels, eat low GI foods. Avoid refined carbs like white bread, sugar, sweets, jams and bakery goods like cakes and pies as well as sugary drinks, cereals and other refined sugar sweetened foods.
3. Meals: Eat smaller meals, more frequently but a minimum of four meals per day consisting of half fruits and vegetables (raw if possible), quarter lean (or low fat) protein, quarter high fibre carbs. Space your meals a few hours apart to ensure that your metabolism stay constant.
4. Fat: Eat as little unhealthy fat as possible and eat a small amount of healthy fat. Bad fat is saturated fats (usually animal products like full cream milk, butter, etc), trans fats are also bad fat and is found in animal products but by far the worst types of fat are those industrially produced trans fats as found in biscuits, cakes, pastries, mayonnaise, oil, sauces, dips, dressings, deep fried foods and other processed foods. Good fats should be eaten in small amounts, examples of good fats are omega-3 (as found in salmon and other fish) as well as polyunsaturated fats (found in soya products, vegetable and sunflower oil)
5. Sugar: Reduce sugar intake, eat small amounts of natural sugars found in fruits and vegetables and avoid eating any sweets, chocolates, cakes, biscuits, crisps and sugary drinks as far as possible.
6. Booze: Limit your alcohol intake. Alcohol contains many calories and you should not consume more than a wineglass (125ml) per day of wine, beer or one tot of spirits.
7. Water: Drink between 2,5 and 3 litres of pure water per day. Your body needs to flush toxins and needs proper hydration for it to function effectively.
8. Activity: Do three hours of moderate activity per week, walk the dog, swim or walk around the block every second day.
9. Sleep: Sleep at least 7 to 8 hours per day (or more) rest out properly and reduce, avoid and cut out stress of all types. (resolve emotional, financial and other causes of stress)
10. Treats: Treat yourself only once every week, a small chocolate or small treat not only rewards yourself but it is also something to look forward to and enjoy. Do not stress if you slip up in any of the commandments. Just do not quit trying your very best to follow the commandments as far as humanly possible.
All information provided for information & education purposes only. Nothing published on https://dietmy.com is intended as substitution for medical advice, diagnosis, or for any treatment.