Your belly fat consists of two different types of fat. These are: Subcutaneous fat (fat directly under the skin) and Visceral fat (fat deeper in your body and around organs)
More Difficult to get rid of subcutaneous belly fat
When you are dieting, counting calories, eating less and even exercising the subcutaneous belly fat is the most difficult type of belly fat to get rid of. The main reason for this is that the Visceral type of belly fat is burned off first, long before the subcutaneous belly fat is burned.
Terribly important for your health to get rid of visceral belly fat
It is extremely important to burn off the visceral belly fat, the main reason being that it manufactures cortisol, a stress hormone that causes you to crave sweet or fatty foods. The visceral belly fat also creates many other bad substances for example Cytokines, Cytokines raise your levels of the bad type of cholesterol. Other negative effects of visceral belly fat is the reduction of bone strength, increased levels of toxins etc.
Visceral belly fat burns first
Luckily, visceral belly fat burns off first when we consume fewer calories than we burn. You can test the level of visceral belly fat by lying down on your back and contract your stomach muscles while at the same time pressing down, with your fingers, just above your stomach muscles. Any bulges that appear is visceral belly fat.
- Drink more: 2,5 litres of water per day, 250ml milk twice per day, one glass of red wine once a day
- Diet: Fresh fruit twice per day and raw uncooked veggies – count those calories
- Low Carb, Low sugar lifestyle, have a pickle (or some sauerkraut) the bacteria will re-ignite your healthy gut bacteria
- Exercise: Take a walk, increase your blood circulation by doing at least 20 minutes of light exercise a day
- Sleep: Asleep by 10pm (your liver detoxes best before 12pm and it needs at least 4 hours per night)
All information provided for information & education purposes only. Nothing published on https://dietmy.com is intended as substitution for medical advice, diagnosis, or for any treatment.