The FAST system or FAST method consists of four elements: *Food* *Actions* *Sleep* *Time*
Welcome to the #FASTsystem – I am still developing the system (fleshing it out). The #FASTsystem or #FASTmethod is a live and active system, constantly evolving, changing and developing. In the next version, the four pillars of the system will each receive their own section (category) and with individual parts of the system allocated to each of the four categories.
Everything that goes in your mouth.
Quick Read: Eat raw and fermented over all processed. Avoid sugar. Avoid refined carbs. (and fast)
More Information about food: Adapt your lifestyle. Change your food habits and your food priorities. Get into the habit of making different choices.
- Choose Raw over Cooked and Cooked over processed.
- Avoid all sugar
- Avoid all processed carbohydrates
- Choose low sugar fruits, nuts and berries
- Choose leafy green veggies
- Choose low fat or no fat. (Avoid bad fat: See the third and fourth commandments of fat)
- Choose a greater variety and diversity of foods
- Choose fermented foods, with real live bacteria (many store bought fermented foods contain no live bacteria) – remember to feed your gut bacteria (Probiotic & Prebiotic)
- Choose to avoid meat and dairy foods containing hormones, antibiotics and other non organic preservatives
- Choose to read food labels
- Here is also a list of dysbiosis friendly foods
- Avoid overuse of antibiotics, avoid inhaling or digesting pollution.
- Drink more water
Everything you do.
Quick Read: Sweat as often as possible. Avoid smoke and pollution. (and fast)
- Aerobic exercise increases levels of brown and beige fat
- Sweating releases beneficial hormones – Try to SWEAT each day!
- Posturing: Adopt a Meerkat
- Physical inactivity is responsible (linked to) for disease and early death
- Be more active!
All sleep, including naps
Quick Read: Sleep more than 7 hours. Rebuild your body (and fast)
- Build Brown fat levels
- Reduce the metabolic burden of sleep loss
- Balance: Too little sleep is bad for you. too much sleep is also bad for you.
- Average person: Must sleep 8 hours for every 24 hours.
Time for yourself, meditation and relaxation
Quick Read: Relax to counter stress and the effects of stress on your body (and fast)
- FAST – Do not eat anything (except water) for at least 12 to 16 hours on any day.
- Mediate daily, spend some time with yourself
- Reduce your levels of stress
- Be mindful and more aware of yourself
- Avoid toxic environments (and people)